Sunday, January 15, 2012

mysteries of spinning revealed!

amazing what an actual f2f lesson does - and that too one with a good patient teacher like SR.

I've been trying to figure out spinning on a spindle using books and youtube videos these past two years - and I did figure out the logic and "theory" but in practice I was not able to *spin* I could get the twist in etc - but not actually *spin*.

Yesterday I had one lesson with SR and discovered I was just positioning the spindle wrong - all the words on the pages and youtube videos I watched - I actually did not understand the key issue - that the weight of the spindle matters and that you dont try to make it spin by rolling the whorl...


anyway long story short - now I know how to spin wool on a top whorl spindle and have the basics of using a nostepinne and niddy noddy - even though I need lots of practice to be really good.

what fun!

about until 4 years ago - when my knees and back started to give me trouble and I had to give up on aerobics and spinning and rely on swimming and walking to take care of my body exercise - if I had said I was "spinning" or "going to a spinning lesson" - I usually meant going to the gym

No comments: