Wednesday, October 15, 2008

spindle success

Okay so the kente strips thing didnt work so well - but I will keep thinking and trying on that.

Meanwhile, I found really good instructions on how to use the top spindle from youtube and finally got the hang of it. Of course I dont look very expert - but the job gets done.

Am currently using twisted.etsy.com 's rodney colorway roving that I got way back in spring of 2008 and am practicing handspun yarn. Its very "artsy":)

will post pictures of the unevenly wound first attempts once I crochet it into something.

My mother will be ever so amused when I tell her I can finally use a spindle (she is quite the expert [at least in my eyes] - even now when she can barely see, her fingers are nimble - - spinner of khadi cotton yarn on her ancient charkha used when she and my father moved with Gandhi followers way back when...).

No comments: